11 months ago
With a turnover of £169 million, JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation that is a leader in the construction industry. Having joined the Mott MacDonald Bentley group in 1999, we are a part of are a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture.
In 2016, JN Bentley employed it’s 1000th individual and have invested 17,500 working hours, over £1 million, into our employees. We recognise that employees are at the epicentre of our recent success which is why we share a proportion of our profits amongst our people.
Successfully working alongside companies such as; National Grid, Yorkshire Water, Welsh Water, Severn Trent Water, Environment Agency, and the Coal authority has allowed us to progress as a leader in the construction and civil engineering sectors whilst developing and maintaining an excellent reputation with our clients. We pride ourselves on finding innovative solutions to construction problems and applying the latest information technology to help drive efficiencies and reduce waste in our processes without compromising on quality.
Understandably, employee safety is paramount and we consider ourselves leaders in health and safety. Our vision is to achieve zero injuries across all our sites throughout the UK and we strive to achieve this by perpetually updating and improving policies. Implementing numerous safety initiatives reinforces our genuine desire for employees to work safely and give them a clear direction as we work together towards zero injuries.
Our team is seeking an experienced Site Engineer with Civils and Water experience to join the team in Shifnal
* To perform a technical, organisational, and supervisory role on construction projects.
* Responsible for marking out sites, levelling out, surveying the site, applying designs, and plans and liaising with sub-contractors
* To check drawings and quantities and ensuring the calculations are accurate for the work
* To oversee the selection and requisition of materials and plant for use on site
* To liaise with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and general workforce involved in the project
* To write detailed reports
* To resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and any other problems that may arise
Experience and expertise required
* Appreciation of civil engineering design and construction – particularly earthworks and setting out
* IT skills – particularly Excel.
* Communication skills – to be able to communicate with site and office based staff regarding technical issues, in a friendly and helpful way.
* Self-motivated and above all a team player; displaying a medium/long term commitment to learn, share and contribute to the team
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Competent in 2D AutoCAD.
* Ability to work off own initiative
* Basic competence in 3D AutoCAD.
* Familiar with import/export of data between GPS, CAD and LSS
You must hold a driving licence to apply for this position