6 months ago
Senior Site Engineer
Our team is seeking an experienced Site Engineer with Civils and Water experience to join the team in Shifnal
* To perform a technical, organisational, and supervisory role on construction projects.
* Responsible for marking out sites, levelling out, surveying the site, applying designs, and plans and liaising with sub-contractors
* To check drawings and quantities and ensuring the calculations are accurate for the work
* To oversee the selection and requisition of materials and plant for use on site
* To liaise with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and general workforce involved in the project
* To write detailed reports
* To resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and any other problems that may arise
Experience and expertise required
* Appreciation of civil engineering design and construction – particularly earthworks and setting out
* IT skills – particularly Excel.
* Communication skills – to be able to communicate with site and office based staff regarding technical issues, in a friendly and helpful way.
* Self-motivated and above all a team player; displaying a medium/long term commitment to learn, share and contribute to the team
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Ability to work off own initiative
* Basic competence in 3D AutoCAD.
* Familiar with import/export of data between GPS, CAD and LSS
You must hold a driving licence to apply for this position
With a turnover of £260 million, JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation that is a leader in the construction industry. Having joined the Mott MacDonald Bentley group in 1999, we are a part of are a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture.
Last year, JN Bentley invested 33,000 working hours, over £1 million, into our employees. We recognise that employees are at the epicentre of our recent success which is why we share a proportion of our profits amongst our people.
Job category (multi-select)
Civil, Construction, Operations, Other, Site, Technical, Utility, Water