about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career with Global OTT Streaming & Platforms capabilities.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the delivery on the Group OTT Linear Streaming platform which is a Kubernetes platform central to key propositions including NOW and Sky.
- Responsible for a group of streaming engineers and business analysts of various experience levels.
- Be a confident technical leader with experience in a fast-paced environment balancing Agile delivery methodologies against business drivers.
- Be experienced in leading engineering teams in an evolving and dynamic environment, ideally in digital media or similar web-scale industry where software is always-on, and customer experience is always more than a consideration
- Be an experienced leader with a reputation for thought leadership, critical thinking and who recognises the importance of people in technology solutions
- Be an analytic problem solver with a strong sense of autonomy, but with an open collaborative approach to getting the job done.
- Help ensure continued smooth operation of production streams and capabilities as new features are introduced.
What you’ll bring:
- Grow an effective self-managing, cross-functional and disciplined team where individuals recognise that team success is more important than individual success.
- An understanding of deadlines, constraints and scope of delivery and experience working with the business partners to ensure the right balance between these are met, setting expectations and handling risks early.
- Experience leading scope changes with key stakeholders to ensure a consistent message is received on delivery and budget impacts.
- An understanding of how to make our engineering better: driving continuous improvement by refining delivery predictability and speed, ensuring engineering principles to ensure minimal operational issues.
- Knowledge of handling operational risks ensuring plans are in place for mitigation or resolution.
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.