9 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
About the role:
You will join the radar component of our Radar and Electronic Warfare team which has unrivalled expertise in the UK. Our work includes sensor design, research and development of demonstrator systems, customer support activity in all radar domains, ground-based and airborne radar modelling and waveform design, as well as development of signal processing algorithms and automatic image exploitation.
These activities enable our customers to exploit new technologies, improve sensor and system performance and provide specialist advice to assist in the procurement of new radar capabilities.
What will I be doing?:
• Exercise considerable discretion on a variety of complex assignments requiring the integration of a wide range of engineering/technical disciplines.
• Apply sound judgement based on sophisticated analysis, interpretive thinking and comparison of complex alternatives.
• Research customer’s needs and requirements to align outputs. Work directly with customers to ensure successful delivery and identify new business.
• Promote innovation, inventiveness and standards of excellence within the delivery and/or capture teams.
What will I need?:
• A first degree in Science or Engineering, or an equivalent, nationally recognised, professional qualification with further relevant experience backed up with a tangible track record of achievement.
• Holders would be expected to have fulfilled the requirements to attain full professional membership of a relevant body or similar accreditation.
• The successful candidate will be required to undertake and maintain appropriate security clearance. For certain projects this may be at a Developed Vetting (DV) level.
Why join us?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success for QinetiQ is the appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners.
Joining QinetiQ offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.