about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
You’ll be joining a software development team that uses cutting edge technology to provide applications that serve not just NOW TV customers in Europe but Peacock customers in the US. You’ll be working on a variety of applications built using Scala in a microservice architecture pattern, deployed in containers in the cloud via Docker, Kubernetes and AWS, with messaging services such as Kafka playing a key supporting role.
What you’ll do:
– Develop highly performant, highly availability, fault tolerant systems that are packaged in containers and deployed on the cloud
– Scale, manage and build tools to monitor them
– Determine Non-Functional requirements and write NFTs
– Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QAs and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
– Help the team choose the best solution and technologies for the task in hand
– Take a pro-active role with production issues and release management
What you’ll bring:
– Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies – Scala, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS.
– Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems
– Delivery experience within an agile project is essential
– Bachelors’ degree or equivalent industry experience
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
– Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.