5 months ago
The Sr. Sales Director supports the functional area of sales for the Electrical Power Distribution business segment. This person is responsible for the capture of Tier-1 level aircraft electrical power system business in domestic and international markets.
* Execute on assigned operating plan to assure that business achieves growth, orders and cash targets
* Build influential relationships with assigned customers at all levels and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers
* Identify, qualify and develop opportunities driving growth
* Develop customer strategies and pursuit / campaign plans
* Direct major cross functional campaigns and pursuits spanning six manufacturing / engineering facilities in the U.S. and U.K. for military and civil programs
* Key customers include major aircraft OEMs and Government organizations
* Lead numerous, complex, multi-million-dollar proposal efforts
* Drive high margin services business by supporting the division’s aftermarket sales strategy and capture
* Improve cash flow by supporting the division’s past due program
* Interact with CRM systems tracking pursuits and opportunities
* Demonstrate commercial and technical expertise within the aircraft electrical power system and power distribution market segment
* Support division input for operating planning and forecasting
* Support strategy and growth initiatives for the division.
* Participate in negotiations as needed to close deals.
* 25%-50% domestic & international travel as needed to meet job requirements.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience
* Significant experience in aerospace / defense industry business development, sales or marketing
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent knowledge and experience
* Prior experience in the aircraft electrical power industry is not required but would be beneficial
* Prior experience with sales planning and forecasting
* Solid track record in implementing change
* Displays leadership and assertiveness to take big swings including risk taking
* Prior sales experience in leading major aerospace/defense OEM pursuits
* Prior experience managing major proposal efforts
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong influencing and relationship building skills
* Sound people management and decision-making skills
* Strong customer focus and results-oriented
* Ability to travel extensively on short notice
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Cheltenham