about 1 month ago
Senior Safety Engineer
As the Senior Safety Engineer, you will help shape and influence Dyson’s future product designs. You will uphold Dyson’s culture of ensuring inherent safety by design, beyond regulatory standard only and will be instrumental in the Dyson development process.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson products are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality team will need to be more inventive than ever.
* Promote cultural awareness of product safety keeping informed and vigilant of global status while supporting any required corrective action;
* Support, through a matrix environment; market Safety teams to produce timely safety insight through a co-ordinated and structured approach.
* Act as the guardian of safety knowledge and data for a dedicated product category within the Dyson range.
* Work alongside market safety teams to produce and maintain standardised reports, trackers and dashboards to communicate category status.
* Where appropriate support the escalation of market issue. Lead and monitor to ensure appropriate and effective corrective action.
* Champion the correlation of product safety requirements across functions such as reliability, consumer satisfaction, and manufacturing and supply Quality.
* Degree educated with a preference to Electronics, Software or Systems Engineering or similar discipline.
* Demonstrable experience in safety engineering/ product safety, and activities contributing to the production of safety cases and reports.
* Knowledge and experience in systems engineering, requirements, design, validation and integration.
* Knowledge and application of Safety assessment techniques.
* Broad technical strength across electrical systems, electronics and software with an understanding of basic mechanical engineering.
* 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Performance related bonus
* Life assurance
* Sport centre
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidized café and restaurants
* Discounts on Dyson machines