about 1 month ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to the ongoing growth of the business, Wood has a number of exciting opportunities for talented individuals to expand our growing Safety Case Services unit operating in North West England, principally Warrington.
Our company has a wide range of exciting safety case work and you will be joining a team that works in all areas of the nuclear industry. The team has supported all UK Generic Design Assessments for new nuclear build, has staff supporting defence work, we take a special interest in decommissioning and support to Sellafield Ltd, and we can offer experience on the regulatory side as well as safety case production. In Safety Case Services, we pride ourselves on the rounded ability of the team, but you will be joining a leading supplier of services to the nuclear industry in the UK and beyond, and so you’ll also be in an excellent position to specialise in any area, from waste management to fusion.
Key responsibilities for this role include the application of Nuclear Safety principles and their role in safety case preparation and production. You will also support the development and delivery of Nuclear Safety Cases and supporting documentation on behalf of our clients.
As part of the Wood Safety Assurance community you will have access to training and mentoring that will allow you to develop your career in the Nuclear Industry matched to your own requirements. At Wood we believe that investment in our people is a key element of our successful growth.
Skills / Qualifications
* A sound technical or engineering background with a suitable scientific or engineering degree or demonstrable industrial experience.
* Track record of successful delivery of safety cases in the nuclear industry (or equivalent experience).
* Demonstrable communication skills with clients both internally and externally.
* Ability to work in a team whether of other safety case specialists, or in a multidisciplinary environment.
* Demonstrable ability to write clearly and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner, suitable for a varied audience.
* Act with integrity and possess a conscientious approach.
* Knowledge and experience of the application of some of techniques required for safety case production e.g. Hazard Identification, Fault Schedule development, Safety Functional Requirements (SFR) derivation, Probabilistic Safety Analysis.
* This opportunity would suit someone with at least 5 years’ experience in nuclear safety cases.
* We have a strong preference for applicant with experience on decommissioning sites.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.