9 months ago
Senior Safety Attribute Engineer - Pedestrian Protection / Low Speed Impact
Competitive + benefits
This role sits within the safety team of our automotive function.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 517 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
* Responsible for vehicle performance in pedestrian protection and low speed impact loadcase.
* Act as key interface to upper body structure team for all aspects of safety attribute included cascaded targets & validation methodologies.
* Manage tests for systems / components within this scope with help from test Engineers.
* 3 years + experience working in the field of vehicle safety
* Experience in application & interpretation of CAE methodology in automotive environment.
* Calm, detailed focused individual
* Experience of use of formal problem solving methodology (e.g. 6 Sigma, 8D, PSS) to find root cause and resolve complex issues.
* Good interpersonal skills and able to integrate with wider commodity delivery teams.
* Good negotiation / persuasion techniques
* Experience in project management / test planning
* Experience working in delivery of specific are of safety attribute
* Knowledge of pedestrian safety legislation
* Experience working in delivery of upper body commodities
* Wider safety commodity experience.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you will be invited to join the company bonus scheme, get 27 days annual leave and you’ll qualify for life assurance. You will also have access to our free on-site gym with regular fitness classes (subject to membership availability) and two on-site cafés which cater to a variety of tastes. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.