11 months ago
Title : Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-33855
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Mechanical
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Rotating Equipment Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry based in Aberdeen.
Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
* Supervision of Graduate Engineers. Provides input to the performance management of direct reports.
* Manage and supervise direct reports.
* Process Ownership:
* Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
* Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
* Subject Matter Expertise:
* Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
* Provide discipline support to the business.
* Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
* Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
* Deputising for principal as required.
* Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
* Executing assigned personal objectives
* Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery
* Minimum Experience:
* Experience in package management of rotating machineries, predominately centrifugal compressors and centrifugal pumps.
Skills / Qualifications
* Chartered engineer. Familiarity with Shell DEP is preferred.
* Role-Specific Skills:
* Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position.Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context.
* Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills.
* Able to demonstrate a level of team working skills.
* Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.