about 1 year ago
Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-62316
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Westhill
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Mechanical
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Rotating Equimmetn Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Providing technical support to offshore in the planning and execution of rotating equipment planned maintenance and operational aspects as troubleshoting, Root Cause Failure Analisys.
Work closely with Operations Dept in the business focused strategic management of rotating equipment operation and maintenance schedules. Support Rotaitgn Equipment TA's strategy in the planning and technical support of rotating equipment maintenance and Projects, aligning to targeting reliability/availability to meet Client business needs.
Scope of equipment covered includes major and critical rotating equipment systems including pumps, gas turbines, power turbines, electricla motors, gearboxes, diesel engines, hydrocarbon and utility compressors. Act as focal point for Rotating Equipment support on maintenance and projects.
Support strategies and milestones defined by Rotating Equipment Technical Authority.
Provide technical guidance to Hub mechanical support engineers and Offshore on rotating equipment maintenance activities scopes, methods and execution.
Provide technical support to the Operations Team in the resolution of key machinery integrity and operational issues.
Support Technical Authority in the assessment of anomalies, deviations from standard and maintenance deferrals, developing risk mitigations and producing technical reports where appropriate.
Carry out routine offshore visits, performing safety and technical site audits.
Plan rotating equipment works deployment of resources primarily offshore/onshore Project Engineers and vendors in conjunction with TAs.
Instil business criticality/prioritisation/cost-effect and learning organisation focus. Manage critical rotating equipment PM/Services planning schedules in accordance with TA strategies, ensuring deferrals are duly authorised.
Act as technical focal point with key rotating equipment vendors in conjunction with TA.
Drive improvements in rotating equipment PM and reliability initiatives and reporting.
Maintain overview of rotating equipment budgets along with MDE’s and with TA defined strategies as applicable.
Develop templates for equipment post maintenance commissioning and start-up Assurance Check-Lists with TA verification.
Skills / Qualifications
* Maintain a Close out reporting and learning culture.
* Focal point and interface with TA group on critical rotating equipment maintenance works and package “Projects”.
* Develop Maintenance Delivery and TA joint involvement and ownership of critical/major rotating equipment works.
* Develop work scopes, plans and workpacks with vendors, planners and TA Groups.
* Manage 2 & 5 years rotating equipment plans in liaison with TA ensuring agreed prioritisation, and ensure communication links are maintained with Operations.
* Provide technical support as required in modification/upgrade projects.
* Liaise on rotating equipment repair strategies and technicalities under TA guidelines. Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant engineering discipline or significant experience in a similar role
* Current Offshore Medical and Survival Certificate
* Chartered Engineer status with an appropriate engineering council registered body
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.