about 1 year ago
Senior Robotics Engineer - New Product Development
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
We are looking for an experienced algorithm engineer to join our ambitious and expanding team, to help identify, develop and mature the innovative and transformational technologies required to enable the next generation of Dyson’s market-changing products.
You will collaborate with research engineers, software engineers, mechanical engineers and specialist engineering to help solve the wide and exciting range of algorithmic challenges posed by the ever expanding Dyson product portfolio.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 3,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Advanced robotics will change the world of engineering for good. At Dyson, we’ve been developing robot technology for over 15 years – 200 engineers, 420 patents and £28m has already gone into our first robot vacuum. But our Dyson 360 Eye™ robot is just the start. The team is advancing the systems that make our robots more intelligent – able to understand environments and navigate with complex sensors and algorithms. There’s more to discover. The future is robotic. All Dyson products will be part of the internet of things. And our Robotics team is helping us to unveil this next generation.
You will have a desire to explore and share ideas and techniques across different technical domains, working across the multiple disciplines at Dyson. You will use your knowledge of algorithm development for complex, sophisticated systems including hardware, embedded software and cloud-based components. Working in a supportive team of experts that is constantly striving to improve itself and the world we live in, you will:
Lead algorithmic investigations
* Research potential algorithmic solutions.
* Develop prototype demonstrators utilising rapid prototyping techniques
* Identify key enabler and risk areas of proposed algorithmic solutions.
* Work with the architecture team to identify functional requirements.
* Liaise with functional teams to understand relevant domain strategies related to the investigation
* Provide investigative support for any issues that impact or change the proposed algorithm during implementation.
* Guide and mentor fellow algorithm engineers
* Ability to generate novel and robust algorithms and solutions.
* Strong mathematical modelling and analytical skills in MATLAB, Octave or similar
* PhD (or equivalent industrial experience) in Electronics, Robotics, Computer Science or relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
* Experience in one or more of the following domains: Localisation, image processing, object detection/recognition, artificial intelligence or machine learning
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.