about 1 year ago
About the Role
Senior Roads Design Engineer (Structrual Maintenance Team)
* To successfully deliver detailed design of trunk road minor improvement projects, including Works Contracts.
* To project manage schemes to ensure delivery of annual programmes, on time and within budget.
* Clear knowledge and understanding of the engineering priciples associated with conducting trunk road improvements
* Clear knowledge and understanding in producing, specifications, bill of quantities and drawings
* Delivery of financial, quality and environmental management of projects
* Supervision of Works Contracts on site, when required
* Preparation of Roads Orders, when required
* Ensure all licences, permissions and orders etc are in place in sufficient time to allow construction to progress unhindered
* Ensure current design standards are known and adhered to
* Mandatory compliance with Health & Safety legislation and CDM regulations in particular the role of the Designer
* Undertake site specific risk assessments and safety checks
* Mentoring of and ability to provide advice and support to less experienced staff within the team as well as checking of their work
* Other duties as required by the business.
Person Qualities and Experience
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* BEng, MEng or other approved qualification
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or alternatively, working towards professional status
* Knowledge and understanding of road design standards DMRB, MCDHW, statutory procedures, forms of contract, British Standards and CDM is essential
* Proven record of delivering projects to high standard and on programme.
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Professional individual with ability to work unsupervised and to programme.
* Autocad experience essential
* In possession of full driving licence
* MX experience.