6 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
As a Senior Risk & Value Manager you’ll be part of our PMO Services and a team experienced in applying a variety of risk management techniques and processes across various industries. Comprised of circa 70 PMO professionals and growing, we are looking for enthusiastic, driven and high calibre professionals to join us in our offices in London.
Our risk professionals provide services on various high-profile projects including, HS2, Highways England and the Parliamentary Estates.
A typical week would require you to:
* Support the development, implementation and regular review of project/programme risk management methodology, processes, procedures and practices
* Work closely with Project/Programme Managers and Project Control Engineers in the effective management of project and programme risks
* Apply a range of risk identification techniques to aid risk identification
* Undertake both qualitative and quantitative analysis using a range of techniques, including modelling using risk software
* Produce regular risk profile reports and provide assurance on the quality of reporting
* Provide effective facilitation of risk and issue and other workshops, with staff at all levels of the organisation and external stakeholders
* Fully utilise risk management software such as Xactium, Predict!, Primavera Risk Analyser, @risk and crystal ball to support the effective management of risks and issues.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree Qualified in an appropriate discipline such as risk management, business, engineering, statistics or mathematics
* Quantitative Risk Analyst, confident in use of Xactium, Predict! And @risk
* Risk management experience including a minimum of two years’ experience in the construction industry
* Ability to deliver quantitative risk analyses of cost using industry standard software
* Flexibility to work location and travel to meet the needs of the Business Unit and our clients.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 8,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.