7 months ago
Location:Southampton : Boldrewood Campus (LR_L000124)
Department:GB110376 : Technical Investigations (GB110376)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
About the role:
The Technical Investigation Department is currently seeking a full time permanent Risk Management Consultant to work in their Risk team in the purpose built Global Technology Centre in Southampton. Reporting to the Marine Consultancy Risk Manager, this post will support both external and internal clients with a need to use risk based techniques in design development of ships, ship systems, alternative fuel technology, LNG supply chain including ports, bunkering operations and other technical areas of the shipping business.
Specifically this includes:
1. Perform risk based assessments and provide specialist advice for service delivery, research or development work within agreed parameters that includes budget and time constraints and contractual requirements.
2. Manage projects and liaise with all stakeholders as required for successful project delivery.
3. Discuss / present the deliverable with the internal / external client and be able to suggest alternative solutions where appropriate.
4. Assist in service delivery improvement by communicating internal / external client feedback as appropriate.
5. Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards.
6. Strive to continually improve service portfolio and market Marine Consulting services and capabilities both internally and externally.
7. Make suggestions to improve service delivery effectiveness through changes to processes or work scope.
8. Pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline, knowledge and awareness.
9. Coach other employees in qualitative and quantitative risk assessments, as appropriate, and disseminate information to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
10. Use PHA Pro8 Software to deliver HAZID, HAZOP, and FMECA’s risk studies.
11. Development and delivery of training material both internally and externally.
12. Undertake administration as required in line with current processes and procedures.
Essential candidate requirements:
1. Established track record of facilitating & using risk assessment techniques e.g. HAZID, HAZOP Facilitation and FMECA on an international client basis.
2. Project management experience appropriate to delivering consultancy projects.
3. Ability to work on your own or as part of a team on larger projects.
4. A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation recognised by Lloyd’s Register within the relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum of two years programme) or Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certificated ship’s officer.
5. Membership of an appropriate professional institution.
6. Working towards achieving Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
7. A high level of proficiency in the English Language (written and spoken) commensurate with the work.
8. Knowledge of the Marine industry would be advantageous, as would other technical / engineering experience.
9. Awareness of ALARP Principles and QRA Techniques.
10. Not essential, but knowledge of PHA Pro 8 Software, PHAST or other Quantitative Analysis Techniques would be beneficial.
11. Not essential, but knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems and Condition Monitoring techniques would be beneficial.
The Lloyd's Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air - for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Consulting, Engineer, Project Manager, R&D Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Research