6 months ago
Title : Senior Renewable Energy Consultant
Requisition ID :2018-31679
Work Location :GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Department / Discipline : Asset Operations & Consultancy
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Woods Clean Energy business is currently recruiting for two Senior Renewable Energy Consultants in their Advisory Services Group, based in Glasgow.
The purpose of the role is to project manage due diligence assignments undertaken by ASG. Manage the teams of multi-disciplined engineers needed to deliver our scopes of work, including both ASG and non-ASG staff.
* Assess renewable energy projects on behalf of lenders, investors and other project stakeholders
* Manage multi-discipline teams of engineers (and other technical staff) in the completion of due diligence assignments for exacting clients
* Attend client meetings and undertake site visits within the UK and globally
* Take responsibility for the quality of documents submitted for Review and Authorisation
* Represent the company at conferences and seminars in order to enhance personal knowledge or establish business development leads.
* Follow up on leads to generate fresh work
* Assist graduate engineers and less experienced team members
Skills / Qualifications
* Post-graduate experience in an engineering or other relevant role, or,
* Previous experience of working in an engineering consultancy specialising in energy infrastructure projects and renewable energy finance
* Awareness of all key renewable energy technologies with a focus on at least two of these
* Experience in the development, construction and operation of onshore and offshore wind energy projects
* Experience in conducting lenders technical advisor assignments
* Experience working offshore or working at heights
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, aural)
* Excellent report writing skills
* Project management ability
* Detailed understanding of technical and commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects (including project finance)
* Language skills
* Driving licence
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.