7 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
As part of the UK Stations Strategy it is the intention to grow our MEP design business through strategic and quality hires to help us deliver our expanding portfolio of projects and clients. This role has a London and South-East focus undertaking lead design roles on High Speed-2 Stations and Railway Systems, London Underground, Overground and Network Rail Station projects.
A typical week would include:
* Design of electrical systems at Railway Stations (above and below ground) through all design stages from feasibility to detailed design and handback
* design of low voltage reticulation and distribution systems (230/400Volt) including UPS sources;
* operation of AMTECH software to produce design for low voltage systems including selection of cable types, protective devices and self-checking and presentation of results;
* design of general lighting systems;
* design of emergency lighting systems;
* design of cable management systems (CMS) including trunking, tray, and conduits and the preparation of CMS sizing calculations and self-checking and presentation of results;
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* Qualifications meeting the requirements for Chartership with a UK Engineering Institution.
* Qualificatiosn in the requirements of BS7671 (e.g. City & Guilds Requirements for Electrical Installations (2382).
* Extensive experience of working within a rail station environment and good working knowledge of Network Rail, TfL & LUL standards.
* Experience of contributing to the electrical design on multidisciplinary projects and knowledge of rail design assurance processes.
* Good knowledge and understanding of the requirements necessary to develop and progress projects through the early stages of the lifecycle – LUL, GRIP and RIBA
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
A little about us:
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.