8 months ago
SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Hampshire/ West Sussex
“As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will maximise quality of service and profitability on the scheme”
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities we work in. As a FTSE 250 organisation, we turnover £2.8 billion and employ over 5500 people across three very successful businesses; Linden Homes, Galliford Try Partnerships and Construction & Investments. As one of the UK’s leading principal contractors you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
OUR ENVIRONMENT BUSINESS
Our Environment business is made up of several frameworks spanning the country including the AMP framework with Southern Water, SR15 in Scotland with ESD and Scottish Water in addition to security frameworks on Southern and Thames water assets. We have some high value schemes currently in construction delivery on behalf of the Environment Agency in Burton on Trent and Scunthorpe which will run until March 2021 as well as our Telecoms business which spans the country providing infrastructure builds for the mobile and fixed line telecommunications industry.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will maximise quality of service and profitability on the scheme
Key responsibilities; Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts by preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards.
* Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes by agreement of subcontract valuations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates.
* Recognising and advising Project Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
* Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense by maintaining records of resource allocation including labour, plant and materials and reviewing subcontract correspondence for delay and loss and/or expense claims.
* Preparation of claim documentation & information for submission to Clients/ Consultants within required timescales.
* Satisfying Client deadlines for estimates and quotations whilst applying principles of profit maximisation and protecting Companies interests.
* Preparation of tender enquiry documents for the procurement of subcontractors and assist with the subcontract buyers through to placement of order.
* Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
We are looking for passion and a commitment for delivering excellence. If you have a solid track record for delivering civils projects from a commercial standpoint and based on the South Coast then get in touch as I want to hear from you. You’ll need experience of working in the contracting environment with good working knowledge and experience with the NEC form of contract. If you are degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership) that would be preferred. If this sounds like you and you are ready to strive for exceptional levels of performance, call me today!
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Senior Quantity Surveyor role or to enquire about other positions available within our environment business please contact Donna Apperley firstname.lastname@example.org
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
Primary Location: Hampshire
Havant Southern Water
Langstone Park Langstone Road
Havant PO9 1SA
Organization: Construction & Investments
Job Type: Experienced
Job Posting: Sep 18, 2019, 5:54:08 PM