about 1 year ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor / Cost Consultant
Requisition ID :2019-34690
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Quantity Surveyors to join our growing commercial team within our Programme and Project Solutions (PPS) business in our London office. Established within Environment & Infrastructure (E&IS), PPS provides whole life cycle cost and commercial management across a wide range of markets and sectors. We are expanding our capability in Scotland and this role is key to its growth. This is an exciting opportunity be part of and shape a newly developing team.
We are looking for two experienced quantity surveyors or cost consultants to join PPS Commercial to support in its growth directly to external clients and internal projects across the wider business. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are recruiting for two quanitity surveyors with an emphasis on either pre-contract or post-contract experience. To perform the role of senior quantity surveyor / cost consultant. Primarily based in London, working with the PPS commercial function, support internal business units and external clients in project whole life cycle commercial management.
The roles will be an integral part of PPS that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project. There is a specific need to develop the pre-contract and posts-contract aspects of our commercial service delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Advising external clients and internal project teams on commercial management and best practice
* Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project.
* Estimating and cost planning activities
* Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
* Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
* Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
* Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed on whether for a client or Wood
* Being a key interface with client and other consultants at all project stages
* Handling of contractual frameworks and standard forms of contract
* Managing the commercial control of subcontract packages
* Maximising of value recovery, cost control and cash management
* Protecting Wood’s contractual position
* Promote commercial awareness of the delivery teams
* Managing professional development of yourself and people within the team
* Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
Skills / Qualifications
Your knowledge, experience and skills need to include:
* Notable experience in either pre-contract or post-contract commercial service delivery.
* Some post qualified experience in a relevant industry
* Previous experience that demonstrates the above responsibilities
* Previous experience working with public sector including housing, education, health and defence
* Sound knowledge of contract law and contractual frameworks relating to construction
* Knowledge of value engineering and life cycle costing
* Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Excel
* Ability to build excellent long-term relationships with teams and stakeholders
* Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
* A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
* A degree in quantity surveying/cost management or equivalent is essential
* Professional memberships i.e. MRICS/MCIOB.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.