5 months ago
Purpose of Role
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support our commercial team supporting M23 project between Junctions 8 and 10 following the recent contract award to deliver Smart Motorway Programme.
Smart motorways use a range of innovative technologies and operating procedures, to monitor and control traffic flow actively. This includes variable mandatory speed limits and converting the hard shoulder to an extra traffic lane to reduce congestion and improve journey times and safety.
Reporting to Commercial Manager, Senior Quantity Surveyor will be reposible for:
* Developing and implementing commercial strategies.
* Commercial Reporting.
* Change management process.
* Subcontract procurement and administration.
* Identifying any training needs within the commercial team.
* Developing strong relationships with existing and potential partners through collaboration.
* Other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
What we are looking for:
* Experience of working within JVs
* Experience of working with Highways England
* Experience in quantity surveying role within Civils (Roads) essential
* Working knowledge of NEC Target Cost contracts.
* Chartered membership.
Additional Role Information
- Company vehicle & fuel card
- 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
- BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
- Pension Plan
- Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands