about 1 month ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor – CP6 – London
Are you an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge? If so then Murphy Group is keen to hear from you, we are looking for someone to lead on the delivery of Commercial Management Services on CP6. To be successful in this role you will come from a main contractor, ideally in the rail sector and have heavy civils experience.
Murphy has been awarded one of three multi-billion-pound contracts by Network Rail for the South of England, worth up to £7bn for Control Period--******). The multi-discipline framework will deliver projects of varying value, including stations, buildings and civils, electrifications, power, signalling, telecommunications and track. This is initially in place for a five-year period but has the option of three one-year extensions if required.
* Ensure the site team adheres to group procedures and governance
* Development, motivation & performance management of junior staff
* Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
* Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
* Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
* Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
* Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
* Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
* Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
* Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation.
* Implement a WBS structure to satisfy the Client & Contract requirements.
* Have an up to date Cost to Complete and Risk analysis Register for the projects(s).
* Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events, extension of time claims, final accounts etc.
* Drafting of complex subcontract arrangement including professional services & appropriate terms of engagement.
* Identification and advice upon of insurance related issues, including PI.
* Maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans.
* Maintain / assist in the production of the margin improvement plan on the project.
* Assist in work winning duties as required, including technical writing for PQQ responses.
* Attend client engagement events for equivalent level customer feedback.
* Involvement in Business Improvement Initiatives.
* HND/Degree qualification
* Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent.
* Commercially astute. Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
* Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
* Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
* Programming techniques, project controls, risk analysis, contract admin, procurement, cost, claims