14 days ago
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Infrastructure Services business for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our welcoming team. You will be working as part of our IS Projects Team to provide commercial support for a framework contract, working closely with the operational teams. The role is based in Enfield, at our depot just off the M25.
* Assist senior management with developing of, and adherence to Project commercial strategy and the Project Execution Plan
* Comply with and governance of the company’s policies and procedures
* Provide commercial leadership, advice and support to the project team
* Have commercial interaction with client and suppliers
* Produce effective procurement of sub-contracted works to programme and within acceptable cost and risk parameters
* Provide payment applications to clients and collection of cash
* Supply chain management and payment
* Change control
* Weekly cost and value monitoring
* Weekly review of programme and site records and analysis of variances from planned
* Monthly Cost and Value Reporting
* Forecasting out-turn cost and value
* Risk and Opportunity management
* Manage, recruit and develop junior members of team
We're looking for:
* Appropriate and proven commercial experience within the construction industry
* Ideally chartered status but as a minimum a degree/HND in Quantity Surveying
* Relevant CSCS card
* Good experience and knowledge of ECC NEC contracts
* Good knowledge and Experience using Highways Method of Measurement
* IT proficient in MS Office especially in the use of Excel
* Good negotiator and communicator
* Good people/management skills
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Please note this is an advert for our Job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: email@example.com
Make your next career move with us: skanska.co.uk/careersFlexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
* Location: Enfield, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular
* About Skanska: We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic, we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Make your next career move with us.