21 days ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our Infrastructure Services team delivers projects that maintain and enhance the built environment. Part of that is our work to operate, maintain and improve large parts of the UK road network. Whether you’re involved in frontline operational work, design, project management or office-based services, every day you’ll be helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our infrastructure services team on our Hinkley Point contract in Bridgewater.
Working at Skanska as a Senior Quantity Surveyor you’ll lead a team providing commercial support for the project, working closely with the operational teams.
You’ll find plenty of variety, opportunities for personal development and a constant stream of new challenges; all in a supportive and inclusive environment.
• Oversee cost and value management
• Prepare, maintain and agree the project accounts
• Provide commercial and financial reporting information
• Ensure compliance with Skanska standards and procedures in respect of commercial activities
• Manage subcontract procurement and management
• Assist with the control of project documentation
• Keep accurate records and administer management of change
• Adhere to Skanska policies and procedures
• Ad hoc duties as job requires
• Manage and develop the commercial team
• Provide support and assistance to the operations team
We’re looking for:
• Ideally chartered status but as a minimum a degree/HND in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject
• Relevant CSCS card
• Strong level of identifiable commercial experience within the construction industry
• Good command and communication of oral and written English
• Skilled negotiator and communicator
• Good people/management/organisational skills
• Demonstrable Highway Maintenance and Civil Engineering experience
• Good knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts
• IT proficient, particularly in MS Office
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us on email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the business.
* Location: Bridgwater, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular
* About Skanska: We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic, we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Make your next career move with us.