9 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Power/Utilities
Murphy is recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a growing and enthusiastic commercial team in Murphy’s power division. With a pipeline of work spanning across the UK working with National Grid, HS2, London Power Tunnels and Didcot PowerStation there is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to demonstrate leadership and autonomy managing small-medium sized projects.
Primarily the role will involve assistance in the delivery of a portfolio of live schemes, with focus immediately drawn to setting up and delivering two new NEC Option A projects starting late 2019 and mid 2020, with a combined value of £20m.
Based in North West London, London, Murphy Head Office.
WHY JOIN MURPHY?
Murphy is all about people…around 3,500 of them in fact! We deliver essential infrastructure projects in the UK, Canada and Ireland that help peoples’ lives and local economies to thrive. From wastewater plants to power cables, from residential developments to rail projects…plus much, much more…what we do keeps the country running!
The business unit has a fantastic pipeline of work secured for 2020 and 2021, and branching out to the rail, infrastructure, major projects, energy, building and water business units, the long-term opportunity is available to explore all aspects of the wider business.
* Significant experience as a Quantity Surveyor, ready to take the step up to SQS level
* HND/Degree qualification
* CSCS Card (relevant type)
* Excellent understanding of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement
* Main Contractor industry experience is required within the civil engineering sector
* Exposure to the Rail / Civils / Infrastructure environment with a recognisable organisation
* Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and influence others
* Programming techniques, project controls, risk analysis, contract admin, procurement, costs and claims
* The right candidate will have NEC experience, with emphasis on client management, subcontractor management, reporting and procurement, and they will be seeking to develop and refine these skills further.
* The role will be suited to somebody desiring development, independence and accountability, and this will be facilitated via the opportunity to deliver their own projects from start to finish, of increasing magnitude and complexity.
* competitive salary
* car or car allowance
* 27 days holiday (option to buy or sell 2 per year)
* Discretionary annual bonus
* Above market rate pension
* 2x charity days/giving back days
* Life assurance
* Other Murphy benefits include: include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc.