8 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Where can you build for a better society?
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our piling and foundations team in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, to provide commercial input at bid stage and quantity surveying duties on projects to enhance and protect the company’s interest and deliver tender margin-plus with effective cash, cost & revenue management.
* Be focused on the delivery of projects within the South of England/Wales and London as necessary
* As part of the Project Delivery Team obtain a thorough understanding of the contractual & commercial aspects of each tender & project including conditions of contract, scope, pricing, programme, risks & opportunities
* Ensure good contract administration & change management
* Ensure accurate monthly valuations (including all variations & claims) & final account projections are submitted & followed up with Clients, to optimise revenue & cash-flow.
* Provide accurate & comprehensive monthly financial reporting & forecasting on projects in accordance with company procedures & timescales.
* Maintain excellent communication and contact with the teams across projects as well as in the Rickmansworth and Bristol offices.
We're looking for:
* Experience in civil engineering, piling, ground engineering or experience in building with a heavy civil engineering influence
* A team player, with drive and ability to build and encourage the team to get the best out of others
* Good knowledge of UK construction & engineering contracts, including effective management of project change and dispute avoidance
* Appropriate formal qualifications/education & desire to develop personal skills & capabilities
* Fully familiar with the MSOffice suite, with excellent Excel skills
Our piling and foundations team provides internationally recognised geo-technical engineering solutions to the UK construction industry and beyond. We bring new ideas and technology to projects like HS1, Crossrail, The Gherkin and the Amsterdam Metro. As part of our global community of experts, you’ll be working on some of the world’s most exciting civil engineering projects.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected. characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska
Commercial, Quantity Surveying
Skanska UK PLC
Please apply before
: Oct 5, 2017, 10:59:00 PM