11 months ago
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. We are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further. We are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on
training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
At JN Bentley we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and the rewards are shared. JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Our Commercial Team is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join us in the Peterborough area, working on our WEM contract.
In 2013 JN Bentley formed a joint venture company with environmental and water engineering consultancy Jeremy Benn Associates (JBA) and won a place on the Environment Agency’s Water and Environmental Management (WEM) framework.
The framework covers a wide range of environmental and flood and risk management services, including environmental work, modeling, mapping, emergency planning, feasibility, detailed design and construction. JN Bentley also provide early contractor involvement (ECI) and construction activities from schemes can vary from flood banks to pumping stations to reservoir improvements, supporting the EA to reduce flood risks across the country.
The role involves a range of duties including
* monthly valuing of the works and making applications for payment;
* identifying values and agreeing variations with our clients;
* agreeing final accounts and reporting internally on the financial and contractual status of schemes including completion of monthly financial forecasts.
* procuring and letting sub-contract packages
* managing sub-contractors with the site delivery team whilst on site and agreeing final accounts.
We are looking for someone with several years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor. Experience of working within the water industry is desirable but the role would suit some from a PQS or Contractor/Framework background.
The successful applicant must be -
* A good communicator and negotiator; with excellent commercial awareness.
* A good knowledge of construction contracts is preferred.
* The candidate should have good IT skills with experience of databases and Microsoft Office products.
* A degree or other qualification in Quantity Surveying would be advantageous but is not essential.
JN Bentley Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.