4 months ago
Cambridgeshire Highwaysis a contract with Cambridgeshire County Council to deliver the maintenance and improvement schemes for the County of Cambridgeshire. The contract commenced in July 2017 and we are looking to strengthen our team by appointment of a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
* Support the operations team in delivery of the target cost schemes and preliminary design estimates.
* Correct cost capture for target costs schemes.
* Provide feedback to Estimator on actual costs.
* Work with the operations team to prepare clear and accurate quarterly forecasts for the target cost schemes.
* Management and recording of changes including submission and agreement of early warning notices compensation events and quotations.Submitting of monthly applications to the client and ensuring payment is received.
* Agreement of final accounts for target cost schemes.
* Risk & opportunity management.
* Monthly cost and value reconciliation & management.
* Procurement and management of supply chain.
* Management of direct reports, to include annual performance review.
* Site visits.
* Identify and promote sustainable alternatives to deliver schemes through contractors’ proposals and improve efficiencies and KPI’s demonstrating value for money.
* Ensure compliance with Skanska standards and procedures in respect of commercial activities.
We’re looking for:
* Degree or equivalent level qualification in Quantity Surveying or related construction subject.
* Preferably qualified or working to an CICES or RICS accreditation.
* Relevant CSCS Card.
* Strong level of identifiable commercial experience within the construction industry.
* Good command and communication of oral and written English.
* Skilled negotiator and communicator.
* Good people/management/organisational skills.
* Demonstrable highway maintenance and civil engineering experience preferably with a contracting organisation.
* Good knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts.IT proficient, particularly in MS Office.
* Knowledge of planning software.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences because we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
* Location: Huntingdon, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular
* About Skanska: We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic, we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Make your next career move with us.