about 1 year ago
Salary negotiable plus excellent benefit package
A General Foreman is an integral member of the Site operations team who manages the team who are responsible for the effective and efficient running of the site throughout the delivery of a project. A General Foreman must ensure that the project is planned, programmed and delivered on time to the satisfaction of the client and his professional team with respect to quality, safety, environmental impact and budget. A Senior General Foreman is responsible for a larger project or a number of projects.
* To provide a safe place of work that complies with current legislation.
* To run the site as directed by the Site Management Plan.
* Responsible for supervising and co-ordinating teams of direct labour and specialist sub-contractors and sub contract labour, meeting targets and deadlines the contract.
* To assist with providing information for completion of daily site diary, allocation sheets, time sheets, record of labour, progress report sheets, plant returns, material returns and local site purchase sheets.
* To assist in emergency situations as directed by site management.
* To ensure safe working practices are adhered to, as outlined in method statements and risk assessments
* To attend sub contractors’ meetings and site staff meetings.
* To liaise with the site management team passing on relevant information on regular basis.
* To co-ordinate the works in accordance with the relevant programme of works.
* Be aware of responsibilities from the HSEQ policies
Proven track record of successful project delivery
Relevant experience in multiple civil engineering activities
Attendance on VFL standard HSEQ training modules
Experience in heavy plant operations – desirable, not essential.
For the full job description please click here: *Foreman - Job Description*.pdf