6 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job number: UK12315
Career area: Commercial
Region/State: South East
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Rail team to work in Redhill.
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is an experienced QS/Contract manager who has a track record in managing all revenue in relation to service contracts from the initial calculations to the final figures. They seek to minimise the costs of a project, maximise the revenue achieved and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. Typically they will be a Chartered Member of a relevant institution.. They will have experience of managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others on their journey to becoming professionally qualified.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Analyses the commercial progress and report to senior project staff;
* Risk Awareness - Ensure Risk and opportunity schedule is reviewed and commercial risks / opportunities are understood and managed;
* Prepares procurement programme with procurement team and helps develop the strategy for the contract;
* Analyses rates & prices, agreement of variations and or compensation events as required;
* Prepares, submits and negotiates claims and contract variations when required;
* An expert in the understanding and development of the contracts allocated to them and to give regular Commercial Advice on all contract aspects to Project Teams;
* Prepares Internal reports, commercial progress and financial reconciliation.
Who we're looking for
The following qualifications are essential:
* BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying, Contract Management or experience equivalent in a services environment, could be finance, legal, business or engineering qualified.
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
* Teamwork / Role Model;
* Achievement Focus (Achieving Results);
* Business and Customer Awareness;
* Applies organisational aims & objectives;
* Identifies with the customer needs;
* Recognises opportunities & threats.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.