6 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job number: UK11362
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Commercial
Region/State: North West
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team to work in Warrington.
To ensure commercial & contractual control and co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a specified project or range of projects.
To provide guidance to other members of the Commercial/quantity surveying team and Project Directors/Managers on all aspects relating to commercial activity on a specified project or range of projects.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will:
* Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions;
* Be accountable for the activities of any directly reporting quantity surveying staff, including mentoring junior members of the team, and provide advice and guidance to other members of the team and to Project Directors/Managers, as required;
* Be in conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member, be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins;
* Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed;
* With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value.
Who we're looking for
* Have substantial previous experience in Quantity Surveying within a relevant business environment;
* Hold a valid CSCS card;
* Have a sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract;
* Have detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes;
* Have significant knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.