9 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job number: UK11968
Company/Division: Gas & Water
Career area: Commercial
Region/State: North West
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Worsley.
What you'll be doing
The key responsibilities are:
* Management of commercial team members including Quantity Surveyors and Commercial Administrators;
* Ensure accurate and robust management of Subcontractor accounts including overseeing any dispute resolution;
* Value maximisation including management of change control within main contract;
* Ensure weekly cost accuracy;
* Preparation of Payment Applications and ensuring cash flow targets are met'
* Assist Project Team with Commercial analysis and guidance;
* WIP management and reporting;
* Provide key support to the Project Manager and Commercial Manager in order to complete annual budget and monthly reforecast;
* Profit and loss reporting and providing analysis to the Commercial Manager and Senior Leadership Team.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
* Relevant professional qualifications and / or experience;
* NEC3 Contract experience desirable;
* Ability to generate, develop and manage Professional services agreements and obligations;
* A well-organised and self-motivated individual with good inter-personal skills;
* Literate and numerate team player;
* IT skills including Word, Excel;
* Good presentation skills.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.