6 months ago
We are seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team in the South West of England. This role will be based from our Exeter office and cover sites within the South West of England.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will support the Commercial team in order to accurately value the works undertaken by the operational teams and, where necessary, gather and provide records to substantiate cost and lead projects under the guidance of the Commercial Manager. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and ambitious and willing to work within a team.
* Ensuring commercial control of individual projects.
* Managing the financial change process under various forms of contract.
* Ensuring correct contract administration.
* Controlling project costs and managing revenue.
* Cost and value reporting.
* Preparing tenders for building and civil engineering schemes.
* Managing and reporting programme progress and financial forecasting.
* Tender analysis including estimating duties.
* Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account.
* Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required.
* Monitoring of the contract programme identifying/raising early warnings/potential variations/quotations.
* Liaising with the Client/Client’s representative on commercial issues.
* Day-to-day supervision of less experienced and trainee Surveyors.
* Liaise closely with Site Management teams in respect of day-to-day matters.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* BSc degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
* Significant experience of civil engineering projects with a main contractor, ranging in value between £5 and £25 million.
* Extensive knowledge of NEC, JCT and ICC forms of contract.
* Experience of the civil engineering estimating process and preparation of tender.
* Ability to work individually, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
* Excellent health and safety knowledge.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Strong team player.
* Strong management skills and attention to detail
This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression. We offer an attractive salary with benefits which include a car allowance, generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays).
Dawnus is an Equal Opportunities Employer