6 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Construction Services UK
Commercial & Quantity Surveying
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team to work in Bristol.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will:
* Be responsible for the preparation and agreement of final accounts;
* Agree and resolves final accounts with sub-contractors;
* Ensure compliance with BMS and Group Minimum Commercial Expectations;
* Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget;
* Assist in ensuring effective records are maintained to support claims and that applications for payment for variations are issued in a timely manner.
Who we're looking for
* Be proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office;
* Have people management skills, with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels;
* Have proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative;
* Have effective negotiation skills with both internal and external customers;
* A sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.