4 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Construction Services UK
Commercial & Quantity Surveying
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team to work in Staffordshire.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will:
* Assist in ensuring effective records are maintained to support claims and that applications for payment for variations are issued in a timely manner;
* Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions;
* Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget;
* Ensure that each sub-contractor’s account is managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions;
* Monitor cash flow and valuation plan, ensuring applications are made correctly and in a timely manner.
Who we're looking for
* Hold a valid CSCS card;
* Have substantial previous experience in Quantity Surveying within a relevant business environment;
* Have detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes;
* Have significant knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects;
* Have the ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction projects.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.