about 1 year ago
Senior Quality Manager
Reporting directly to the Global Life Science Quality Director, this senior-level role will be responsible for leading and managing the strategic and operational performance of the Quality department, ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and objectives, whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance to all requisite ISO and Ecolab/Bioquell internal standards.
Ensuring the efficient and effective day to day running of the Quality function with the focus of eliminating quality losses and driving continuous improvement through TPM. Developing a collaborative and cohesive relationship with the Technical and Production teams, as well as external suppliers and customers.
This role will have responsibility for developing the quality strategy, building a quality culture across the business and, delivering first class quality across all BQ’s sites.
What will you do?
* Ensure that Quality policies and standards are followed throughout the manufacturing process and logistics network
* Manage and ensure implementation of regulatory compliance standards
* Drive quality improvements where appropriate using the vehicle of TPM to meet Customer requirements
* Designated lead for ISO 9001 2015 & integrating Bioquell with Ecolab IMS quality standards
* To ensure high level of positive employees engagement within team
Work with SHE manager to ensure SHE standards are adhered to
Ensure the safety, health and environment compliance of personnel completing the site quality procedures
Ensure SHE Problems raised, resolved and escalated as appropriate
Lead complaint investigation process to ensure quick response and minimal repeat complaints
Ensure all incoming raw materials, packaging materials and finished goods are tested and released as per quality standards
Drive the site quality improvement programme to meet customer service expectations, reducing complaints and leading the TPM Quality pillar
Guarantee service and product quality through development and implementation of quality strategy and procedures
Ensure the safety and quality of new and transferred products into the site
Integrate Quality Assurance and Quality Maintenance Processes to achieve the best product quality at lowest possible costs
Work with procurement to implement plans to ensure and improve quality from suppliers
Support and implement Site Man Ex Programme, driving savings through improved quality
Effectively manage Quality budget
Role model behavioural standards for team
Coach and develop associates across the site on delivering quality and continuous improvement
Develop and manage the site quality training programme
Manage the performance of the Quality team
* Provide technical guidance & work closely with Regional Quality, R&D, local Manufacturing & Distribution on new product introductions & acquisitions.
* Implement Ecolab/Bioquell Quality System & Standards
* Check that raw materials, packaging materials, finished goods and distribution activities meet specifications and implement counter measures/CAPA as needed
* Selects, trains, develops, retains and manages associates in group in line with Ecolab/Bioquell standards
* Lead ISO 9001 compliance .Train associates, lead internal & external auditing
* Works cooperatively with Prod, Proc, Dist, Eng, R&D and Reg Quality to identify root causes of quality issues & implement processes to resolve & prevent issues
* Lead the TPM quality pillar and identify quality losses and implement quality improvements for the site
* Be visible on the shop floor and accessible to the operations and quality teams, role modeling company values, vision and promoting a quality culture
* Closely monitor and report site quality KPI’s to identify and implement actions to drive continuous improvement
Experience / Education required
– experience as a quality manager or other senior leadership roles within Ecolab/Bioquell
– degree in LS, chemistry or other science
* proven track record of managing a department and leading others
* degree in chemical engineering, chemistry or other sciences
* Relevant industrial experience where you have demonstrated the above skills
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
Work with Purpose
Hear how our team is taking on meaningful challenges.
SHARE THIS JOB
* Share on Facebook
* Share on Twitter
* Share on Linkedin
* Share by Mail