4 months ago
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with sites that span the globe. We are a part of the eBay Group of companies, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities - whether it’s a car, a job, an apartment, a sofa, a concert ticket, financial services and more. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
We’re looking for a quality assurance engineer to join our international team of engineers at eBay Classifieds Group!
We’re situated by Richmond Riverside, close to the Common and just a short stroll from Richmond station, away from the busy tubes on zone 1. You’ll be supporting and supported by a team of over thirty engineers, delivering value to millions, while having fun in a diverse and rewarding environment.
You'll be working within one of our squads of agile teams with up to 12 cross-functional team members to deliver the future of our quality strategy. Your main focus will be to 1) ensuring tests are ready before each sprint producing testable stories, 2) ensure we have tests at the correct layer, 3) be responsible for managing risk within the team, 3) build and support frameworks and other tools to support testing as well as automating test cases, 4) recommend new tools and 3) working with developers to increase efficiency throughout the SDLC. You will be an advocate and evangelist for “Shift Left” quality improvements and automation. As part of the quality team, you’ll be collaboratively working on delivering products and excellent quality which help achieve the business goals.
Does this excite you?
What you can expect from us
* A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organised, multi-disciplinary Agile teams
* Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as an engineer and as a person
* Working with modern technologies such as Scala, Elasticsearch, NodeJS, ReactJS, Kubernetes and cloud Microservices
* Access to tools and resources to be the best at your job (MacBook Pro, IDE of your choice, free drinks machine and a variety of other beverages, free breakfast and fruit throughout the day)
* Loads of other perks
We’re looking for
* Excellent knowledge of the Test Pyramid
* Experience creating test cases and automating them following the test pyramid for Web and Mobile applications
* Experience following Continuous Integration tools and processes
* Experience creating PoCs and test automation frameworks from scratch
* Comfortable working with Developers on a test-first approach
* Comfortable participating in Code Reviews actively providing and receiving constructive criticism
* Comfortable to review Unit Tests and contribute with improvements
* Comfortable with end-to-end testing and exploratory testing on Web and Mobile
* Strong knowledge of end-to-end Web and Mobile application flows and tiers including back-end services, JSON schemas and payloads
* Hands on experience with UI test automation tools such as Selenium, Appium, Calabash, Cypress or Puppeteer, ideally across Web and Mobile
* Hands on experience automating API testing using Rest Assured, Jersey Client, RestSharp or similar involving a programming language
* Excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle, including Agile teams and methodologies
* Customer focus, ensures that provided solutions accurately reflect the real needs and uses of the end users
* Strong knowledge of App Store/Google Play Release Processes
* Experience using Mobile automation tools such as Espresso and XCTest
* Knowledge of XCode, Crashlytics, TestFlight other mobile tools
* Experience with cloud-based testing such as SauceLabs or BrowserStack
* Flexible working patterns and occasional work-from-home supported
* Full medical, dental and vision healthcare cover
* Pension scheme Life and disability insurance
* Parental leave policy and Cyclescheme available
* Networking, learning and global travel opportunities across eBay Classifieds Group
* Regular Tech Talks, Hackathons and workshops
* Phenomenal working environment with height-adjustable desks and Aeron chairs
* Free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks, coffee and tea
* Free on-site massages, yoga, pilates and fitness bootcamps
* Many other perks!
eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us via the link below. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.