9 months ago
Senior Python Automation Engineer for AI
Job no: 496428
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Linux, Processors, Tools, Testing, AI
Join the Vision and AI Verification Team, where you will be responsible for testing and validating the software and hardware for Imagination’s latest technologies.
Collaborate with numerous stakeholders across software, hardware and research teams to identify and create test cases, and help plan validation strategies for the next generation of products.
Working in an adaptive work environment driven by “DevOps” practices and mentality, you will provide innovative solutions to testing and automation. This is accomplished by efficiently combining the use of tools such as the Python Pytest framework, Jenkins and other various in-house tools. Create Continuous Integration/Development (CI/CD) flows that respect the modern principles of test development.
You will enjoy exposure to the full life-cycle of hardware and software development in the areas of computer vision, machine learning and other AI projects (e.g. Neural Networking; CNNs and DNNs)
* Identify new ideas for test cases and implement test cases to a high standard e.g. product features (hardware/software)
* Solve problems with challenging validation situations
* Help maintain and improve frameworks and systems to automate testing and release flows
* Triage failures and interact with other teams to report and solve them
* Develop tools and scripts used for testing and automation
* Interact with simulator, research, software and hardware design teams to adapt and improve testing processes for the next generation of products (including report creation)
* Be involved in all stages and levels of testing, from planning and low level through system performance and quality
* Supervise and mentor junior team members
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
* A strong background in testing and automation. (e.g. system, quality and performance)
* Experience with test planning and design, writing test plans and writing high quality documentation
* Good experience with Python and a variety of other programming languages (e.g. C++)
* Experience with virtualisation and other DevOps type tools (e.g. Jenkins, puppet, docker)
* Good knowledge of Linux operating systems
* A good mathematical background
You might also have
* Experience with image processing, computer vision or machine learning
* Experience with FPGA systems
* Familiar with the DevOps software engineering practice
* Low level programming experience
Invent the future
People at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just clicking the ‘Apply now’ button and send in your CV.
Closing Date - 28th September 2018
Competitive salary offered, role part of a rolling recruitment programme
Advertised: 29 Aug 2018 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Sep 2018 GMT Daylight Time