about 1 year ago
As a Senior Project Manager at Ricardo you will be responsible for successfully leading the delivery of complex engineering projects to a diverse list of global customers across a broad range of industries and sectors. You will work with industry recognised experts to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customer.
As a Senior Project Manager at Ricardo you will be responsible for leading complex multi-disciplinary projects, managing risk and Ricardo’s commercial exposure whilst ensuring that all projects are completed to time, cost and quality requirements.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Overall project leadership of complex projects, responsible for delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
* Being the senior customer interface for the project, establishing strong and effective customer relationships.
* Ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with Ricardo’s internal project management processes and procedures, including Ricardo’s Product Development System.
* Managing and monitoring project scope and leading customer negotiations on changes
* Supporting preparation of customer proposals (scope of work, timing, costs)
* Supporting development of Ricardo’s internal project management capability by supporting and coaching more junior members of the project management team
Depending on the project worked on, the role will involve some travel.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
* Have strong experience of leading complex development projects following product development / introduction processes (e.g. Ford GPDS)
* Be commercially astute with a demonstrable track record of successfully negotiating scope changes with customers
* Have proven stakeholder management skills with demonstrable experience of managing challenging commercial customer relationships
* Have a professional project management background and be APM qualified
* Be degree-qualified in a relevant subject, currently delivering projects in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
* Have a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the function