about 1 month ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
As the senior project manager, you will work within the treatment sub-portfolio of capital delivery. You will lead project teams in a collaborative environment interacting positively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for the simultaneous delivery of a number of water projects and/or programmes with values up to £20m.
The role will ensure the project governance procedures are followed including risk, cost and change control and will work collaboratively with other teams across the business to deliver projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Owning projects throughout the project lifecycle from concept to handover and closeout.
* Preparing, updating and implementing the project management plan whilst proactively monitoring overall progress, the interdependencies and resolving issues/mitigating risks and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
* Driving the design development, initiating surveys and site visits as necessary in order to write the works information in line with the project business case.
* Undertaking the contract administration responsibilities and have a thorough understanding of the NEC3 suite of contracts.
* Ensuring projects are delivered to the right quality, in the time allocated and at, or below the approved budget.
* Writing specifications, tender and contract documents to include project risk registers, schedules and others with the assistance of procurement and production colleagues formally assess tenders in readiness for contract award.
* Ensuring compliance with the requirements of project environmental, health and safety, water quality and environmental standards, procedures and statutory legislation.
* Undertaking regular reviews, inspections and audits.
* Managing contractors to ensure that the execution of projects is undertaken to the full expectations of the client. Contract administration of numerous projects dealing with payments, EWN, CE’s and etc.
* Undertaking timely third-party liaisons, e.g. planning applications, land/access, power supply negotiations etc. in line with the project programme.
You have a degree in engineering, construction or project management discipline and a member of a relevant institute such as ICE, IMechE, IET, IChemE or RICS. You have completed and passed the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) course as a minimum qualification and preferably the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) course.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”