2 months ago
Senior Project Manager - Technical/Design Management (SOL000084)
: United Kingdom-Solihull-Solihull
: Project Management
Would you like to join our Programme and Project Management team in Solihull? We have been involved in making a positive impact on the Midlands economy for over 50 years, with an outstanding portfolio of high profile projects across the region, as well as supporting a large number of national and international projects.
This is an opportunity for a Project Manager to undertake technical/design project management assignments within our Programme and Project Management team in Campus. You will report to the Energy Sector leader within the PPM Midlands. You will be required to integrate into project delivery teams and work closely with technical discipline leaders, other Arup teams and other consultants / contractors as required. You will also be required to:
• Help develop our PPM capability for Energy clients
• Support clients from business case through to implementation for large capital projects
• Significantly enhance your project management and technical skills
• Develop best-practice within the team
• Identify new project opportunities and areas of business activity for the team
• Support, identify and develop digital innovations to support development of future service offering
• Adopt best practice PM processes to effectively manage energy and major infrastructure projects
• Utilise strong design and/or technical background to lead multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting teams to achieve the project goals established by key stakeholders
• Supporting bidding / winning work activities, initiating projects, formation of project team to satisfactorily deliver and ensure overall client satisfaction
• Be responsible for a number of junior PMs, support staff and/or technical disciple leads and should be able to demonstrate ability to manage priorities across a variety of demanding client needs.
The Programme and Project Management team comprises approximately 40 staff predominantly based at the Arup Campus. The Campus comprises several Arup businesses with more than 800 staff and covering a diverse range of skills and disciplines. The Campus is a purpose-built design open plan office incorporating the latest in sustainable technologies and providing a lively and engaging work environment.
Required Skills & Experience
• Typically, 5+ years’ professional experience in engineering and/or consulting, preferably with a background in engineering or technical disciplines.
• Experience of working in within a technical, design management or project management role, ideally with experience in Energy projects (low carbon, renewables, thermal, nuclear etc.), utilities or heavy infrastructure / industrial projects.
• Chartership through a recognised UK national or international institution
• A deep understanding of project management fundamentals, such as PMBOK, or similar.
• Strong experience of data analysis
• Strong interest in adopting new technologies and methods of work to improve existing workflows and processes.
• An appreciation and / or experience of implementing digital solutions.
Arup is an independent firm of Designers, Planners, Engineers, Consultants and Technical Specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Shape Your Time with Us
How can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Reward and Benefits
We offer one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to compliment your work/life balance and financial security.
All permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on our financial performance.
Closing Date: 19/03/2019