8 months ago
With offices throughout the UK, SNC-Lavalin has an extensive history of supporting clients in the UK and overseas. With over 50,000 employees globally and a turnover of £5bn, following the acquisition of WS Atkins in July 2017, we are now one of the largest Engineering firms in the world.
SNC-Lavalin Rail & Transit’s dedicated Rolling Stock Projects team help to deliver anything from major engineering change through to supervising the delivery of new Rolling Stock Projects.
Our knowledge and innovative approach can be relied upon to deliver the solution to suit your business needs. Our knowledge and process-driven best practice are combined with the broad experience of our Project and Programme Managers, and Project Engineers to ensure clients’ investments are delivered on time, to the required quality and on budget.
2018 promises to be an exciting year for SNC-Lavalin following the acquisition of Atkins, particularly in the UK. The Rail & Transit division continues to grow and our Rolling Stock Projects team is now looking for a Senior Project Manager to deliver some challenging deliverables in the year ahead and beyond.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Lead the bidding and delivery of assignments in the Projects team;
* Work closely with the Team Leader and Section Heads in the UK Projects Team to Deliver Client Service Excellence;
* Support colleagues and provide informal mentoring and support as required (No direct line management responsibilities);
* Contribute towards the production and update of client development plans for a group of key clients;
* Contribute towards the delivery of company sales and profitability targets;
* Maintain professional expertise by participating in an approved Continuing Professional Development Scheme;
* To manage or support tasks as allocated by the Team Leader for clients, including estimating, tendering, planning and execution;
* To ensure that work is completed on time, to budget, and to the client’s satisfaction;
* To ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with SNC-Lavalin’s procedures, including quality procedures and safety management system;
* To review and develop processes and systems to optimize efficiency and cost effectiveness of the Projects Team;
* Maintain and continue to develop your personal network;
* Create and maintain reporting processes and systems to ensure line manager is kept fully up to date with work progress;
* Actively contribute to a continuous improvement culture;
* Create, manage and maintain effective cross-functional, interdepartmental relationships to ensure the organisation delivers the most cost effective service to customers;
* Ensure that regular assignment appraisals are held with the line manager;
* Accountable for proactively identifying key safety risks in all relevant projects and implementing effective mitigations to minimize the risks.
* The successful candidate will ideally be an accredited Project Manager with significant experience in leading high profile projects, with an established client network in the UK Rail Industry.
Required Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will have significant rolling stock experience leading projects and/or project teams either in a new build, maintenance or operating capacity and demonstrate;
* A good understanding of Rolling Stock, their due diligence and of the UK Rail Industry as a whole;
* Understanding of the processes associated with train procurement and contracting strategies;
* A good understanding of the UK Franchising process and associated activities;
* Desirable Experience & Skills
* Membership of a Professional Body is an advantage;
* Project Management experience and Membership of the Association of Project Management (APM);
* Ability to read, write and communicate in a language additional to English advantageous.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical cashback reimbursement schemes, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.
Closing date for applications is 5th June 2018
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.