11 months ago
Think big, create better
Are you a Senior Project Manager passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Senior Project Manager. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the management of quality, programme, cost and project contribution on numerous projects.
Being an experienced Senior Project Manager at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
* Manage projects in compliance with Project Control System
* Set up programmes for project, update regularly and ensure that activity managers have sufficient capable resources to meet deadlines
* With support of commercial team, ensure that contracts are in place before work commences including sub contracts and purchase orders for suppliers and sub consultants
* Forecast and monitor the financial performance of the project for Amey, giving regular (minimum monthly) reports, comparing actual and forecast performance to plan expectations and explaining variations
* Maintain detailed project records for monitoring performance of projects
* Conduct weekly reviews with Activity managers and the project teams as appropriate
* Act decisively to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the achievement of the financial plan
* Act decisively to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the delivery of the quality and programme agreed with the client
* Maximise operating efficiency, so that the programme is delivered in compliance with the Project Control System to agreed standards and targets. Implement quality improvements when opportunities arise.
* Maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders and employees on the progress of projects. Issue regular progress reports
* Deliver revenue within agree budgets. Forecast and monitor the financial performance and explain variations in performance
* Identify budgetary and programme issues that need to be addressed with the client to ensure their satisfaction and agreed KPIs are met
* Manage, develop, coach and motivate employees in the project team
* Ensure compliance with HSE and other appropriate regulations
* Maintain and develop key clients contacts to maximise future business opportunities
We want to hear from you if:
* Achieved Meng, BEng or equivalent CEng
* Membership of a professional body
* Computer literate and thoroughly conversant in the use of PM management software, MS Project, Primavera, etc.
* Knowledge of progression Financial Management System is an advantage
* Experience in the management of design projects for consultants
* Good financial and commercial awareness
* Previous engineering experience is desirable
* Environmental awareness for managers
* IOSH managing safely
* Manual handling
* Site management safety
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.