about 1 year ago
To manage and deliver allocated contracts safely in accordance with legislation and Amey procedures to contract specification and programme, while building and sustaining long term customer relationships in accordance with project relationship matrix.
What makes this role unique?
You will effectively lead and line manage project teams, including training, development and performance management.
What will this role involve?
* Promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with safety responsibility statement below
* Deliver the Amey Essentials
* Accountable for submitting and meeting accurate forecasts for cost and turnover achieving forecast margins for allocated contracts
* Ensure that allocated contracts are effectively planned and progress reviewed on a weekly basis
* Timely submission of weekly PAPM/CAPM’s and period end Balanced Scorecard reports to an agreed format (to include the Amey Essentials KPIs)
* Support the tender processes and strategy as required
* Establish and manage a clear communication plan for Client and suppliers as appropriate meeting Amey Essential KPIs
What are we looking for?
* Min HNC / HND in Engineering (or a similar approved qualification)
* Must be able to drive
* Degree in Engineering (or similar qualification at this level)
* Commercially experienced and competent
* Skilled at customer and supply chain management in challenging environments
* Computer literacy – Excel, Word, Power point and Microsoft Outlook
* Understanding of the Railway Operating Environment
* Significant project management experience of multi- disciplinary projects (preferably) within the railway infrastructure with responsibility for P&L at project level
* The ability to manage and lead a team in the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary projects
* Strong interpersonal skills to influence and manage all stakeholders Technical competencies
* Satisfy requirements of PTS medical
* PTS / IWA
* Health & Safety Training (IOSH)
* Knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques
* Understanding of Railway planning systems
* Environmental awareness for managers