7 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Health and education are fundamental to human development and, as sectors, are core to Mace. How a person grows, develops, and learns, are life changing experiences and are key to their future success. The buildings that help to provide these experiences are so much more than their physical presence, their importance lies in the way that they improve the patient experience or how a child is educated. These are sectors that truly go beyond the individual and have an enduring impact on communities and the wider society.
At Mace we have extensive experience delivering projects for a wide range of health and education clients, and we appreciate the sensitive and competing demands that projects face - both in the public and private sectors - wherever they are in the world.
Senior Project Manager - Higher Education and Healthcare
Working within our healthcare and higher education sector helping our clients to deliver complex and challenging projects for top UK universities and healthcare facilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Leading the project teams to safely deliver, on time, to stated quality, at minimum cost and to client satisfaction.
* Acting as the link between the client and other key stakeholders, working on projects within the education sector.
* Managing the project and programme of the projects within the higher education (and possibly further education) sectors.
* Undertaking and delivering 1 large project, 2 or 3 medium sized projects or a combination of the above and most likely as the lead project manager with support from junior project managers.
* Performing non-project related roles will be business reporting, bidding, resourcing and other as directed by the sector lead.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
* Proven experience of higher education client(s) is required.
* Background of delivering student accommodation.
* Delivery of complex HE projects up to circa £25m construction value. New-build and refurbishment experience.
* Detailed knowledge/appreciation of asbestos awareness.
* Good commercial awareness and good with internal business reporting.
* Bid experience.
* Experience of line-management duty for 2-3 people minimum is desirable.
* Further education (FE) experience [along with higher education experience] would be a plus.
* Solid experience of contract administration and using various forms of contract.
* Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, good team player and etc.
* A degree qualification in engineering.
* With professional memberships.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”