about 1 year ago
Senior Project Manager (Flood Risk) - (BI 0004Q0)
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, and construction – and program - management. Our 77,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility. That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Ranked No. 1 by Fortune’s 2019 World's Most Admired Companies…
TEAM2100 is the Environment Agency’s 10-year programme to refurbish and replace tidal flood defences in London and the Thames estuary.
TEAM2100 will carry out the first part of the Environment Agency’s Thames Estuary 2100 Plan, which sets out how to manage tidal flood risk in the Thames estuary throughout the 21st century. TEAM2100 will improve tidal flood defences in London, Kent and Essex from 2015 to 2025.
We are working in an integrated team with the Environment Agency, Balfour Beatty and our team of specialists to deliver world class asset management and flood risk management to London and the Thames Estuary. Utilising knowledge and experience to deliver innovative, sustainable solutions that deliver best overall value.
We are looking to appoint a Senior Project Manager with a very strong technical background, to lead and manage a team of Project Managers, delivering several projects within the Fixed and Active Team on the TEAM2100 programme from initial feasibility through to detailed design and delivery.
The role will include responsibilities for: -
• Acting as the Senior Project Manager within a team of Project Managers in the Fixed and Active Assets Team
• Lead and manage the overall coordination and production of multi-disciplinary appraisals and designs.
• Co-ordinate stakeholder input to work package ensuring all potential interfaces are considered. Ensure appropriate risk mitigation is in place.
• Undertake appraisal of flood risk management solutions and reports to secure funding.
• Manage a team of specialists throughout delivery.
• Preparing and supporting tender/ outline/ detailed design solutions in accordance with programme and budget constraints
• Agree project methodology and understand work package split and interfaces.
• Developing programme/schedules and costs for complex projects.
• Management of logistics requirement for work package.
• Responsible and accountable for managing project programmes, schedules and costs and providing monthly updates and forecasts for the Delivery Manager.
• Monitor and report progress of work in relation to programme and take prompt action to address any issues.
• Ensure contract documents are executed.
• Set up and maintain meeting schedule for the package.
• Promote a positive H&S culture on the project, ensure H&S procedures are followed and maintain H&S standards at all times
• Liaison with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business and cooperation with engineers and designers across other disciplines
• Continued Professional Development
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Masters Degree in Engineering field
• Chartered with the relevant Institution (ICE, IMECHE or CIWEM) • CSCS card holder (can be taken once in position)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Successful track record of working with clients, contractors and other stakeholders.
• Have a comprehensive Technical appraisal and design knowledge
• Client focused to build long term relationships
• Proven ability in key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering.
• Demonstrable knowledge in project delivery ensuring Quality, Programme and Costs objectives are met.
• Proven ability of coordination and delivery to deadline and evidence of problem resolution in the process
• Proven ability of producing accurate technical outputs
• Knowledge of UK and EU legal framework, including Health and Safety regulations, contract law, environment and building regulations.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the UK flood risk management industry
• Proven ability working on multi-disciplined projects and programmes.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-London
: Jul 22, 2019, 9:55:14 AM