about 1 year ago
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager/Bid Manager to take a lead role in the delivery of bids for our South Wales/South West construction team.
This is a key appointment within the South Wales team and so we are looking to hear from Project Managers with extensive experience of pre-construction works on projects valued between £5 and £25 million.
The role will involve the overall co-ordination of all those who input into a bid, including design team, in-house personnel and supply chain, ensuring all work productively towards high-quality, economic submissions to our Clients.
The candidate must have a high level of knowledge in relation to construction practices and design principles, whilst also being able to present high quality bid documents.
One of the key skills of the Senior Project Manager/Bid Manager will be the effective management of all those who input into the tender, and therefore the candidate must be a highly organised individual who can programme the work of others. They must also be able to work under the pressure of tender deadlines.
* Ensure bids are submitted on time and to a high standard
* Report as required on the progress of each bid against agreed programme
* Review technical solutions to ensure most cost-effective solutions are submitted
* Implement bid strategies to coordinate the preparation and submission of the bid and achieved agreed bid objectives
* Liaise with design teams, other Dawnus staff, and supply chain to ensure high quality bids are submitted
* Present internally for approval, information including technical responses, staffing and administration structures for bid preparation
* Prepare bid presentations
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent (desirable)
* Extensive experience in the construction industry (essential), preferably gained from working with a major contractor
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe and efficient projects on time
* Experience in using programming software i.e. Microsoft Project and/or Asta Power Point.
* Have a thorough understanding of the tendering process within the construction industry and a proven track record in the preparation of bids and tenders
This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression. We offer an attractive salary with benefits which include a car allowance, generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays).
Dawnus is an Equal Opportunities Employer