8 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
We are seeking a senior project manager with a management focused mind-set and a focus on exceeding delivery expectations.
The senior project manager airport utilities (SPM) is expected a key leadership role in the civils and airfield sub-programme for the expansion programme and will be responsible for the delivery of the airport utilities and coordinating delivery of these works with other projects and sub programmes.
The SPM will maintain end to end accountability for the airport utilities project including the management of safety, cost, time, quality and performance. You will be responsible for planning, leading and managing the project to ensure an integrated, sustainable and effective solution is delivered whilst ensuring compliance to the sustainability requirements. Relationship management is central to this role. You will maintain strong relationships with the end users and projects sponsors as well as supporting enterprises and contractors to enable an effective delivery of the airport utilities project. The position will form part of the civils and airfield sub-programme, forming part of the off airport expansion programme.
The SPM is required to have a core expertise in project management and have strong experience and capability in airport utilities, or projects of a similar nature/challenge.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Working closely with airport utilities designers throughout the whole design phase to ensure that construction methodologies are sufficiently considered during design development.
* Establishing robust airport utilities delivery plans and to take an active role in schedule risk assessment and schedule scenario testing to ensure that schedule mitigation plans are well developed.
* Agreeing beneficial involvement of early contractor involvement and assessing the suitability of potential contractors.
* Planning, directing and managing the project team to ensure an integrated, sustainable and effective solution is delivered which meets the requirements defined within the brief and benefits defined in the business case.
* Establishing a strong working relationship with key stakeholders and ensure that all user requirements are captured, and approvals are in place to meet schedule dates, as well as understanding regulatory requirements.
* Providing an end to end execution planning and management, ensuring clear goals, roles and deliverables are well defined to ensure delivery of the goals and value for money of the expenditure.
* Managing the safety of everyone involved or touched by the project.
* Ensuring the integration of design, development, construction delivery, commissioning and process requirements is achieved using the subject matter experts in the team (including own expertise as appropriate).
* Being accountable for reporting of project performance using project controls tools, including earned value and quantitative risk analysis.
* Taking a lead in driving client’s health and safety programme.
* Ensuring compliance with client’s code of construction practice.
* Managing the airport utilities enterprise/contractors.
* A bachelor’s degree or equivalent within civil or infrastructure engineering field.
* With 15+ years of experience in management.
* Proven track record of successfully managing the pre-construction and construction phases for mega projects and/or major infrastructure, civil engineering and utilities projects.
* Knowledge of the management of major civil engineering construction.
* With strong portfolio, programme, project and risk management skills in support of civils and airfield delivery.
* Management skills in support of airport utilities delivery.
* A strong and inspiring leader with ability to create a clear vision for the future.
* Ability to build a strong high performing team, engaging and motivating others to follow and pursue that vision.
* An effective problem solver, with a track record of applying a challenging and analytical approach to complex issues and developing innovative solutions.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”