10 months ago
Location:Bracknell : 5 Arlington Square (LR_L000101)
Position Category:Project Management
Department:GB104020 : CRP - PROGRAMME DELIVERY (GB104020)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Since 1760 Lloyd’s Register’s core purpose has been to work together for a safer world and, as such, the organisation has grown to become a global provider of professional services for engineering & technology, supporting businesses across many sectors. Lloyd’s register is driven by opportunities to innovate, invent and improve whilst continuously seeking new ways to work with others to provide assurance, ensure compliance, and optimise performance. Lloyd’s Register dedicate knowledge, resource and curiosity to connect their customers to tomorrow’s thinking, today. Lloyd’s Register collaborate with others to find new ways to meet demand whilst remaining safe and sustainable. In addition, we know our customers need more than technology to succeed; they need the right people.
The Lloyds Register Group has recently started an ambitious transformation agenda to enable its strategic objectives and priorities. This includes the formation of centralised Portfolio Management and Change Delivery Teams alongside a Project Management Office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a historical organisation at the beginning of the Transformation Agenda. A role within Lloyd’s Register will enrich your capabilities and ours, through successful change delivery practices, to enhance our global service. “
Your duties will include
* Responsible for the successful and autonomous delivery of assigned projects as measured by scope, time-scale, budget and quality of the delivered solution in accordance with the appropriate Lloyd's Register delivery framework
* To develop and maintain a strategic oversight of assigned projects thereby leveraging opportunities and benefits realisation
* Accountable for the performance of reporting Project Managers and Project Support Analysts.
* Responsible for the formation of appropriate project teams, workstreams, stakeholders and governance groups
* Responsible for overseeing the project management and deliverables of the project team ensuring adherence to industry and LR best-practise
* Accountable for the anticipation, identification, measurement, timely reporting, and management of relevant risks & issues that might cause a project to move into exceptance.
* Responsible for the timely reporting of failing projects within the remit of themselves or their team to the Programme Manager and/or Head of Change Delivery; such reporting must be accompanied by the appropriate options appraisal to inform strategic decision making.
* Definition and management of the quality and scope in collaboration with Business Analysts, Solution Designers, Business Stakeholders and Strategy & Architecture teams.
* Responsibility for managing all financial aspects of the project and change initiatives to include funding applications, fore-casting, reporting of actuals against budget, cross charging, and escalation of any potential issues or actual risks
* Responsible for maintaining professional expertise and expert knowledge of evolving methods and approaches relevant to the field of Project Management
* Responsible for the mentoring of Project Managers
* Responsible for the training of Project Support Analysts
* Responsible for the provision of guidance and subject matter expertise to Project Managers and Project Support Analysts
* Accountable for the review of risk and issue registers for assigned projects and for the provision of mitigation strategies and techniques
* Accountable for the provision of appropriate project governance and representation on Project Board Meetings
* Accountable for completeness of stakeholder engagement for all assigned projects and change initiatives to assure successful adoption into the business
* Responsible for timely and strategic recovery of assigned projects or change initiatives that have moved into ‘exception’.
* Accountable for the identification and escalation to the Head of Change Delivery of assigned failing projects or change initiatives. Accountable for the provision of appropriate options appraisals to enable informed strategic decision making to recover or close projects whilst minimising any loss to the Business.
* Creation of complex and strategic project plans with appropriate contingency and tolerance to assure deliverability whilst optimising benefits delivery for both the Project and Change deliverables. Ongoing management and communication of these plans.
* Engagement with all impacted stakeholders to ensure business buy-in and appropriate involvement with project and change initiatives
* Accountability for the transition of all products and services generated by assigned projects & initiatives into production using the transition and quality gate framework
* Applying and enforcing project methodology & Software/Product Lifecycle Development standards
* Has experience of leading large complex projects:
* Has MSP or Prince 2 Practitioner accreditation and/or or APM/PMI qualifications and experience in the application thereof
* Proven track record of successful engagement with and management of stakeholders at all levels, good negotiating skills, and excellent influencing skills
* Significant experience of using project management tools and techniques, including risk & issue management
* Good commercial acumen able to effectively manage the third party suppliers and the overall project budget
* A proven history of significant, successful and measurable benefits delivery
* A proven history of producing quality Business Cases that have been successfully delivered
* Significant experience in preparing complex project plans that contain contingency, tolerances and have proven deliverability with the requested resources and funds to the required quality , scope, and expectations of stakeholders
* A subject matter expert in the field of project management; to include but not limited to methodologies, processes, principles and approaches
* Experience of identification, sourcing and management of people for all aspects of assigned projects in line with contractual and budgetary agreements
* Proven track record of successfully leading and upskilling a team
* Proven track record of strategic financial planning and project financial control
* Experience and knowledge of successfully delivering business change solutions within Lloyd's Register’s industry or a similar size / scale Professional Services organisation
* Results-oriented and customer focused, whilst ensuring all affected teams are equally engaged and aware of project requirements in sufficient time to meet them
* A proven history of reviewing and challenging Business Cases through peer review
* Demonstrable experience in assessing and leveraging project benefits to additional areas without negatively impacting quality, cost, or timescales. Ideally proven experience in over-delivering against business-wide strategy whilst delivering the Project Sponsors initial brief.
* Proven experience of mentoring in all aspects of project management
* Proven experience of training in all aspects of project management
The Lloyd's Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air - for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Project Manager, Engineer, Technology, Engineering