4 months ago
Location:Birmingham : 1 Trinity Park : Bi (LR_L000100)
Position Category:Project Management
Department:GB110156 : Birmingham Energy NUCLEAR (GB110156)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
To provide project management leadership through the use of applicable and relevant procedures to maintain client relationships and be accountable for the safe and effective delivery of the contract and services to the agreed scope and specification, time scale and costs.
To deliver single projects or portfolio of projects as per agreed Authority to Quote Forms ATQs.
To establish Project Service Delivery and Customer Satisfaction Key Performance Indicators.
This role specifically supports client contracts and will also support with business coordination for major contracts/multi-national clients and cross border business opportunities that will have an impact on strategic business priorities, major clients and quality of contract execution.
To build and maintain key customer relationships with existing clients and identify business opportunities within our projects
Your duties will include
* Accountable for single projects and a portfolio of projects with a value aligned with Commercial Notice subject to approval and not exceeding £500k that have not been subject to IAP approval.
* Provide expert guidance and direction by leading, managing and controlling assigned Project Teams.
* Accountable for all aspects of project performance, strategy, service delivery and safety management systems by providing effective planning, budget, time and quality controls.
* Management of the bid and tender development processes for individual and project management teams’ contracts.
* Identification, sourcing and coordination of effective full-time and part-time resources for all aspects of assigned projects in line with contractual and budgetary agreements.
* Accountable for the effective delivery of the project through the management of complex issues, risks and opportunities arising with the client and their organisation.
* Provide visible, pro-active HS&E leadership, ensuring that all LR Corporate and local HS&E policies and processes are followed, including any necessary client-specific requirements, in particular, ensure that stated requirements for incident reporting, task risk assessment and safe methods of work are followed.
* Plan all aspects of contract compliance and management to include change control, contract variations and actively seek to develop opportunities with the client.
* Management and oversight of project schedules, financial tracking, contract risks management procedures and issues plus associated project documentation and supports compliance with all legal, statutory and regulatory requirements.
* Ensures the timely invoicing and supports the debtor management in cooperation with Lloyd’s Register’s credit control function.
* Conducting regular project and contract reviews, regularly reporting the project status both internally for management and externally for clients under the terms of contracts concluding with a formal project close out.
* Coordination of both technical and related project specific administrative activities.
* Liaise with area sales manager and corporate account manager to ensure consistency in development and delivery
To be considered you must have/be
* Educated to degree level from a recognised university or equivalent.
* Chartered/Professional qualification and a member of a relevant professional institution is desirable.
* Project management or programme experience, of which three years were in project leadership functions of high complexity projects or average complexity programmes or portfolios.
* Able to successfully manage projects, able to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the relevant specialist requirements, knowledge and application.
* Able to provide technical and commercial leadership to a multi skilled project team.
* Able to apply the appropriate theoretical and practical methods to the analysis and solution of complex engineering problems.
* Effective application of project management tools and processes whilst adhering to legal and commercial requirements.
* Adaptable and well organised with a practical minded approach and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Possessing good communication skills, including technical report writing, having the ability to adapt and work to tight deadlines.
* Proven experience and knowledge of effective and timely coordination of budgets and financial processes relating to various project.
* Proficiency with project planning and reporting tools and have an understanding of Project Management practices and processes.
* Experienced in providing visible, pro-active Health and Safety leadership, with the analysis and monitoring of incident reporting and task risk assessment.
* Good influencing and motivational skills demonstrated through leadership and management or facilitating services to others.
* Committed to continuous personal development through continually looking for opportunities to improve project management tools and skills
The Lloyd's Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air - for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Lloyd's Register logo
Project Manager, Engineer, Nuclear, Nuclear Engineering, Technology, Engineering, Energy