12 months ago
Title : Senior Project Manager
Requisition ID :2018-29846
Work Location :GB-Devon-Devonport
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood Nuclear is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager. As the demand for Wood’s services continues to grow, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our Nuclear business in the South West of the UK, with an initial focus on the delivery of multi-disciplinary site infrastructure projects.
Wood Nuclear works closely with customers and partners across the defence, nuclear and power generation industries, delivering a wide range of engineering projects and services. Our experience of supporting the UK submarine programme and every nuclear licensee across the UK over the last 60 years means that we can offer unrivalled support and expertise to our partners, and a supportive, rewarding and enriching working environment for team members.
Our business is built on long-term strategic partnerships, and a key aspect of this role will be the delivery of successful and cost-efficient projects within an evolving and collaborative programme environment.
* Undertaking embedded project management roles for key customers in the South West of the UK, with the potential to manage multi-disciplinary engineering projects on behalf of Wood.
* Managing projects safely, to quality standards, and to budget, while achieving high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
* Preparation and review of business cases, schedules, cost estimates, quality plans, risk registers and other standard project documentation.
* Preparation of formal progress reports and presentations to keep key stakeholders informed.
* Oversight, supervision and coaching of more junior project managers and support staff to ensure the delivery of supporting work packages.
Skills / Qualifications
* Committed, proactive, adaptable and collaborative.
* Degree qualified in a related engineering or technical discipline (or comparable experience).
* Extensive experience of project delivery on civil nuclear and/or defence sites.
* Experience of managing multi-disciplinary engineering projects, design and build contracts and on-site projects.
* A strong understanding of applicable HSE legislation and regulations, including CDM.
* A strong understanding of project planning, including scope development, Work Breakdown Structures, estimating and scheduling.
* A strong understanding of project controls, including cost control, schedule adherence, risk management and change management.
* Ability to participate in and support commercial decision making.
* Ability to understand and communicate effectively on project financial issues, margin, profit appraisals.
* Ability to effectively form and lead teams and motivate staff.
* An understanding of the legal, tendering and contract process to support the success of our customer’s programmes.
* Experience of participating in negotiations with both customers and the supply chain would be advantageous.
* Experience of delivering design and construction projects in the marine environment would be advantageous.
* APMP qualification (or equivalent) to IPMA Level C or above would be advantageous.
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* International opportunities - As a 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.