over 2 years ago
Senior Project Manager
Requisition ID :2019-64075
Work Location :GB-Warwickshire-Leamington Spa
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager at either Senior Consultant or Principal Consultant grade to join our Project Management team in Leamington Spa.
The Project Manager is accountable for the planning and execution of the project to achieve the client’s project objectives. This includes developing, leading and guiding the project team and championing high quality delivery and promoting a focus on health and safety. This role is responsible for leading the delivery of limited-complexity projects involving multidisciplinary teams.
* Preparing and maintaining definitions of the requirements of limited-complexity projects
* Developing the plans and strategies to successfully deliver the project objectives
* Developing and managing the project team
* Identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups
* Agreeing contracts for the provision of goods and/or services, monitoring compliance and managing variances
* Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, that align with organisational practice
* Engaging with stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
* Preparing, gaining approval of, refining and updating business cases that justify the initiation and/or continuation of projects in terms of benefits, costs and risks
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
* Proven track record in the successful delivery of infrastructure projects from initiation to completion.
* Development of project requirements and plans for the delivery of project objectives
* Experience in contract preparation and procurement of service providers, in particular design and technical services and construction contracts.
* Experience in the administration of professional services and construction contracts, contract change and valuation of payments.
* Experience in the development of integrated project baselines and tracking / controlling performance to achieve delivery of projects to time and within budget.
* Techniques for the preparation and maintenance of project schedules including use of MSP and/or Primavera.
* Development and agreeing budgets for projects and controlling forecast and actual costs against them.
* Identification and monitoring of project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects
* Maintaining and applying quality management processes for project activities and outputs
* Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
* Establishing and managing reviews project reviews
* Establishing, and implementing where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects, updating configuration documents as required.
* Confident communicator and influencer of stakeholders
* Experience of leading limited complexity infrastructure projects in one or more infrastructure sectors including; energy, waste, transportation, defence, water and buildings
* Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations applicable to infrastructure projects, in particular CDM regulations.
* Knowledge of value management and value engineering techniques
* Experience of management of technical queries and defects during the construction phase
* Knowledge of processes for commissioning of assets prior to use in operation
* Experience of procurement and contract administration using NEC3 suite of contracts
* Experience leading projects from inception to completion
* Experience of providing consultancy services to clients including client relationship development, bidding, commercial management and conflict resolution.
* Experience in preparing bids for professional services
* Commercial management of services to clients
* Degree level or equivalent in an engineering, building, quantity surveying, science or business subject
* Project Management qualification, for example PRINCE2, APM PMQ (APMP) or RPP
* Membership of appropriate professional institution
* Post graduate qualification appropriate to infrastructure project management
* Membership of Association for Project Management or Project Management Institute
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.