6 months ago
Job Id : 5244
Department : Engineering Reading
Benefits : Competitive
Job type : Full time
Location : Reading
Type : Permanent
NG Bailey are looking for a Senior Project Engineer with an Electrically bias background to join their very successful engineering team in Reading. You will be working on one of our large mixed use projects working towards the installation of the M&E services.
NG Bailey is a family-owned business with a proud heritage and a proven track record of achievement. These strengths have spearheaded the elevation of our business into the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK.
* Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout all activities relating to the project on which you are working.
* Participate within bid activity; as requested by the senior management to work in conjunction with the Business Development department and in line with Focus Win processes.
* Provide leadership for the project delivery team, if appropriate, to maximise the potential of the team and the individuals within.
* Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedure and external legislation governing business operations. Business Planning and
* Provide input in the preparation of the business plans and budgets based on the initial contract parameters and objectives. Seeking opportunities to suggest actions which maximises profit on the project.
* Provide appropriate input to all monthly reviews in line with the business procedures to ensure that the senior management have full knowledge of the completion and financial status of the project.
* Manage the successful completion of the project/area under control in line with agreed quality and commercial plans to achieve targets within agreed timescales and cost constraints. Relationships with Customers Maintaining positive relationships with the project customer through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability.
* Ensuring design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements
* Proven experience within the M&E inductry at Senior Project Engineer level or equivalent
* Proven ability to motivate and lead a team
* Strong commercial acumen
Rewards, Training & Benefits : You can look forward to a competitive salary and a range of flexible benefits including generous holiday entitlement, market leading pension scheme, company car and private healthcare.
This varied, exciting role will offer excellent opportunity for career progression and continuous development.